Meeting Minutes?

Discussion for all pilot types
Dave

Meeting Minutes?

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:59 pm

The last meeting announcement has a link to the January minutes. Where are February - June?

What are the proposed Bylaws changes mentioned in that announcement?

Thanks,

d.
(Dave Wills)

flyrigid

Re: Meeting Minutes?

Postby flyrigid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Dave,
You are correct that the link in the meeting announcement goes to the January minutes. However, once you are there you can go 'up' one level by clicking on the 'Announcements' link at the top of the page. Previous meeting minutes are posted under Announcements by month, through June. On reviewing the recent minutes, I don't believe that any text of proposed bylaws changes have been included in any of them.

According to club bylaws, any proposed amendments must be published in the newsletter prior to the meeting where a vote is taken. More details on the process are found in Article VIII of the bylaws. As far as I know, no proposed amendments have been published in a newsletter yet.

Don Herrick
WOR Treasurer

Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks Don. I see you can click up to Announcements now. I tried to come down from the top but didn't find them.

And thanks for confirming that the Bylaws can't be changed without posting in the newsletter. I'll assume that there will not be a vote on changes this month. Weird though. Where did this come from? Nothing in previous minutes.

Dave
(Dave Wills)

Dave

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Ooops. Here is the reference from May, 2017:

The bylaws change to reduce the proficiency rating required to serve as flight director is still pending.

I wouldn't believe this nebulous note is sufficient to vote on. For something as serious as the Bylaws it should be a draft of the changes.

Dave
(Dave Wills)

flyrigid

Postby flyrigid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes, the item you found is under discussion. Patrick's meeting announcement mentioned a vote on the bylaws under Hot Topics, but we are only at the discussion stage right now. The bylaws haven't been updated since 05 so there are a few updates/improvements we are talking about. Of course, we only want to do this once so multiple changes may be included in the final proposal. A proposal was supposed to be ready for this month's newsletter but it didn't happen. I expect further discussions before a proposed amendment goes out.

Don Herrick
WOR Treasurer

Return to “General Discussion”